Stoic. Software Designer & Writer. Übermensch.
- "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
- "Remember: Matter. How tiny your share of it. Time. How brief and fleeting your allotment of it. Fate. How small a role you play in it."
- "The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way."
- "It is crazy to want what is impossible. And impossible for the wicked not to do so."
- "The Courage to split iTunes into four different apps that all make sense and are a joy to use."
- "We live in an age of febrile overreaction. And each side can acutely diagnose the other's overreactions, but never its own."
- "Apple creates desire, not obligation."
- "I already lost them. #AirPods"
- "Cook was a good choice. He’s no bozo."
- "You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."
- "Death: something like birth, a natural mystery, elements that split and recombine."
- "Perhaps the most rewarding task in programming is cleaning up a mess. Discovering simplicity in complexity is a wonderful feeling."
- "There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit."
- "Let Nothing Be Done Rashly, and at Random, but All Things According to the most exact and perfect rules of art."
- "Fuck Neil Young, and fuck his records. You keep them."
- "Some people need managers to get stuff done, some don’t. Good managers know that."
- "But learning how to live takes a whole life, and, which may surprise you more, it takes a whole life to learn how to die."
- "For what can be above the man who is above fortune?"
- "You act like mortals in all that you fear, and like immortals in all that you desire."
- "It is not that we have a short time to live, but that we waste a lot of it."
- "Life is short, art is long."
- "The assumptions people make about the motives of others always reveal a great deal more about the assumers than the assumed-about."